If you have never been to a homeschool convention, I strongly, STRONGLY encourage you to attend, not just one, but as many as you can. These conventions are probably one of the best forms of help and encouragement any homeschool parent can get.
Let me explain:
1) Curriculum vendors – each vendor has samples of books from their catalog, so there is no more guessing for the buyer. You can go from booth to booth looking through workbooks and asking questions about anything you want. Also, shipping is usually free when you make a purchase there at the convention.
2) Seminars – There are very specific seminars for Moms, Dad’s and kids – all catered to homeschool issues. Some example of topics are: special needs learning, disciplinary issues, curriculum help, managing family life, teaching techniques, etc…..
3) Meet other homeschool families.
4) Book sales – new and used. Everything is discounted – including answer keys and curriculum. I literally bring home suitcases of reading books, and curriculum books – every year.
5) Everywhere you turn, there is a new idea! It’s all catered to the world of homeschooling (for me it’s like being a kid in a candy store!)
After I attend a homeschool convention I feel happy, satisfied, and fully informed – ready to take the next step and ready to conquer any persistent weakness pertaining to my school.
These conventions are held all over the USA, and are very reasonably priced. If you haven’t tried one, then please do – you will be so glad you did!!
Never stop learning, because life never stops teaching.